2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 2500 diesel no door power either side?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:25 PM
iStumpgrinder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 2500 diesel no door power either side?

Can any one help here? I just bought a new truck (to me) the power windows, mirrors, and locks don't work on either side?
I've checked all the fuses, the circuit breaker etc the only anomaly I'd say is it has no stereo in the dash? Is this a common problem? Can any one point me in the right direction?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:48 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF. I will move you to the correct spot.

Have you checked the IOD fuse? Its the one with the weird cap/protector on it on the inside fuse box on the driver's side.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ead-first.html

Old 02-28-2014, 10:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Windows are powered from Circuit breaker 1 in the junction block. (side of the dash) It gets power from the ignition switch.

Locks get power from fuse 13 in junction block.

Mirrors are fuse 12.

So, all three are powered from a different spot.... although, they do have a selection of connectors in common. I think I would check the connectors in the drivers door frame first. Pull the boot away from the body, and have a look at the connectors there. (might have to push them thru the hole from the inside to inspect them.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 PM
iStumpgrinder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the lower kick panel and found the previous owner had clipped 3 wires for his auto start Pink/black Orange/black and the Red wire I spliced all three back together and now I have power to the circuit breaker and # 12 & 13 fuses are good and both have power.
I still don't have power to any of the wires in the connector that goes to the window switch Koeo or Koer. Is my next step to pull the dash to find if there is another clipped or broken wire?

Quick Reply: 2001 2500 diesel no door power either side?