2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rpm gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
lifteddodge5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rpm gauge

When I'm in 3rd gear my rpm gauge will start to bounce around and it will feel like it's losing power...and at highway speeds the overdrive will kick off...anyone know what could be causing this...I replaced the throttle position sensor and the output speed sensor on transmission and its still doing it...any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Moved this to the right forum for ya.

Welcome to DF!

Sounds like more than one problem.

For the trans kicking out of overdrive, check the cooler line up by the radiator, that goes to the bottom fitting. If the check valve is still in the line, get rid of it. (just drill it out, or replace the whole section of line, there are DIYs for that in the FAQ section.)

Should also check the plenum. (see stickied thread at top of this forum.) Sounds like you have some engine miss, and maybe a clogging cat. All symptoms of a blown plenum.

Quick Reply: rpm gauge