2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

advice on plenum plate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:30 AM
drtydn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on plenum plate?

hey I need some advice... I know my plenum gasket is blown (tank has over 200,000 miles and previous owner didn't know how to fix anything), but I don't have enough money for the huges plate (I don't get a paycheck I get an allowance, I love my wife). would it be better to go ahead and buy a gasket for it now? for instance, buy the gasket and start putting money aside for the plate fix, or just saving for the plate.... I don't want to have to wait too long, im already throwing a code for my o2 and im sure my cat is on its way out. I know im beating a dead horse here, but I just don't know how soon id be able to get the plate, is it something that can wait a few thousand miles if im already having a bad o2?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

So you want to know if it's ok to buy just the gasket now, and then the plate later as your "allowance" allows? If that is what works for you then sure, go ahead. You dont want to start the job until you have all the necessary parts.

Quick Reply: advice on plenum plate?