2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vent goes to defrost on long hills

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:37 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its an option.
As your climbing the air temp gets cooler outside as your nearing the snow line.
The heater automatically switches to defrost so your windshield does not freeze over impairing vision.

Last edited by RDuck; 03-18-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 AM
i4got68
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred95
They look fine to me, so do the ones that connect to the vacuum switch on top of the transfer case, 4x4 works great, and this problem only happens when i'm on a long hill, it's 5 speed so i usually just let it put up the hills in 5th gear. so if it only happens then i'm not going to worry about it. i found another forum that said it could also be bad pcv valve or failed check valves, mine is a 98, do you know where all of the check valves are?
If you put in 5th gear all of the way up the hill, and have to full throttle it, why not just down shift the 4th so you can keep the speed without full throttling it the whole way?

Quick Reply: vent goes to defrost on long hills