2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No ABS Light, But ODBII Reader Read 5 Codes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:00 PM
JeremyMichael
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ABS Light, But ODBII Reader Read 5 Codes?

Okay, I had a friend use their ODBII reader on my truck and everything checked out A-Okay under the hood, until it came to the ABS scan. A few months back I had a wheel cylinder leak and had both sides changed out and new brake pad's used and bled the lines and refilled them, and the ABS/Brake lights went off.

To this day I do not have an ABS nor brake light on, but when he ran the ABS portion of the scanner it came back with 5 or so errors, only 2 of them were something strange. I forgot what they all were but one was mismatch something for ABS even though it was set up right for my truck. The main two were one code said brake stuck, and another said erratic signal or something.

I don't even know if my ABS works or not, but I do know my light works and does not stay on, as when I start the truck the light comes on and goes off. I was told not to worry about it since my system isn't throwing anything out there to engage the ABS light, but i'm just curious as to why I would have no light, but have 5 codes comes back.

I don't know if this may have anything to do with it, but he only had it plugged into the ODBII reader.

Could these just be old stored codes? I asked him if he could delete the codes and he said no, but afaik you can delete them?

Last edited by JeremyMichael; 03-18-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

Does your ABS work? If yes, then the codes are past codes and you don't need to worry about it.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:11 PM
JeremyMichael
Professional

I honestly couldn't tell you lol, I don't think i've outright tried to test them lol.

Quick Reply: No ABS Light, But ODBII Reader Read 5 Codes?