2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5in Lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM
getdown78
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5in Lift ?

My truck has the 5in superlift kit on it and i was wondering if anybody else has this kit and does your truck steer good or is it crappy ? I know my front steering has wear but it drives like crap ! I am buying all new steering in a couple of weeks when i get some money !

Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

The lift shouldn't affect the steering much as long as your kit included the correct pitman arm. Is the steering wheel just loose or what? Check out the steering column for play too.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
BackInBlack43
Professional

the 5 inch lift certainly wont help your steering, but i doubt its because of the lift kit itself. the lift is only causing faster wear are putting much more strain on your steering components. and second gens are notorious for having crappy steering anyway. most second gens have some play in the steering, mines pretty bad personally, but i know that the 35s arent helping that haha. before you go out and just replace everything consider upgrading not just replacing. a redhead steering gear and 3rd gen track bar conversion will make a night and day difference on these trucks.

Quick Reply: 5in Lift ?