2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM
tiresmoke3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry transmission woes

Hi all... seem to have a problem after pcu reset on 2001 1500 5.2.
Pcu replaced under warranty by dealer...trans mission shift points all screwed up. Took back to dealer...told throttle body needed rebuilding for 600.00 plus. Took to trans shop...kept for a week and deduced gov and transducer problem...shifted fine before PCU swap.

Now, had water pump replaced(battery disc)...When I picked up the truck, the transmission was doing its St. Vitis dance again. Heard that the PCU had to reprogram shift-points after reset...ok...have driven close to 150 miles and not remedied! How far do I have to go to fix this? Seems odd that gov would be bad again.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

PCM doesn't learn shift points. That is all part of the programming. When the replace the PCM, they should have re-flashed it at least for your VIN, which means, you also have the death flash. (nice thread in the FAQ section about that.)

Dealer is grasping at straws. Throttle body has very little to do with shift points. The throttle position sensor, and TV cable that HOOK to the throttle body do though. Think the first thing I would do, is verify the TV cable is properly adjusted.

Quick Reply: transmission woes