2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Little help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Mutt Bryant
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help?

OK 5 spd conversion done but clutch isn't working exactly right. Put it all the way to the floor and everything shifts fine. Let up the pedal about 1/16th of an inch and clutch engages. No shifting. How do I get the pedal to disengage sooner and engage farther up? BTw Ive bled the system like 5 times. NO bubbles are coming out and play seems fair and stiff

Old 05-05-2014, 09:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

Posibbly the clutch fork isn't on it's pivot right..... or, you simply don't get enough travel from the slave cylinder. Crawl under, and watch what's happening while someone else pushes the clutch. Is there any adjustment to be done there? At any end of the system?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Mutt Bryant
Professional

Clutch fork seems to travel fine. So far it seems like the slave isn't moving enough. Only moves about 1 inch per full depression of the pedal. Im not sure how to adjust it but im sure either that's my problem or my master cylinder may have a internal leak around the piston. Slave is brand new so I doubt that's it but im open eyed to it...

Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

probablly has something to do with the way you set the pedal linkage up. lots of slack?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Mutt Bryant
Professional

More or less on the slack. The clutch wobbles alittle on the master rod. Is there a way to adjust the pedal assembly or the cylinders? anything to increase travel will help. Maybe add a bushing or something to the pedal hangers?