2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Code 1494 / Leak Detection Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM
RammedHard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 1494 / Leak Detection Pump

I've got a 99' V-10. CIL had been coming on for months yet the truck was running fine ....so blew it off. Finally had to face the demon to get it smogged ....and old carpenters best leave this kind of fix to the pros...so I took it in. P0455 ( gross leak ) so they got that fixed...then after a few days...CIL on again....took it back ...code 1494 ( Leak detection pump )...so i took it back ...and they replaced it...after a few days driving....CIL on again...showing the same code 1494. As much as I love paying the 125.00 an hour shop rate...does anyone have a clue as to what the new issue might be ?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2014, 06:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

P1494 Leak Detection Pump Switch or Mechanical Fault

May not be the pump at all.....

Service manual says:

Incorrect input state detected for the Leak Detection
Pump (LDP) pressure switch.
Maybe an intermittent short in the wiring? Seems to be a very simple circuit.... Orange wire from pin 4 on the connector at the pump, to C3, pin 14 at the PCM. If you paid to have that particular code fixed, and it is coming back, the dealer you took it to for repairs *should* check it out under warranty.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:40 PM
RammedHard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks... Of course I can't stop myself from taking a look. The itch to not shell out the government rate to have my truck fixed is just to much , but I've traveled this path before and sometimes best just to pay the man.
I'll post the result after I get it back.
Thanks again !

Quick Reply: Code 1494 / Leak Detection Pump