2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idles but won't accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 AM
ReadRam
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panfailure
Ok so I have it running now......sort of. I turned the dist a lil' more and it fired right up and idled fine and reved like it should.

After I shut it off a few times it won't idle or start very well unless the gauges all read right with switch on. By this I mean if I turn the switch on and the volt gauge stays on 8, the fuel and oil pressure gauge are pegged it won't start or idle very good.

I can keep it running with slight throttle then all of a sudden it will rev up and the gauges read normal. If I turn the switch on and the gauges are where they are suppose to be it will fire right up, idle and rev.

What has the gauges and running crappy or good have to do with one another? Been over and cleaned the grounds and connections many times.

Regards, Jeff
If you been moving /turning the distributor, your fuel sync is going to be off and will require dealer scan tool or equivalent to set.

Quick Reply: Idles but won't accelerate