2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A little insite please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 06:22 PM
adamj99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I ran the truck empty put premium in it, took out the upper o2 sensor, seemed to run a bit better so I gutted the cat. It wasn't that bad, I tried to have a local mechanic shop pull some live data from the truck he says the o2 sensor in bank one is not adjusting as fast as it should be so I will replace that to .

Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 AM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our trucks can be quite sensitive to any little electrical variation or hiccup from their various sensors. You can unplug the front o2 sensor entirely and see if the truck runs any better. Unplugging the sensor will make it run rich, but if the truck runs better with it unplugged, then just replace the sensor and you're back in business. Hopefully you don't have emissions testing in your state or else you'll be buying a new cat before inspection time...

Old 07-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Could you not run it almost completely dry(eliminating most of the old gas) then reset the pcm? Would be closer to premium in a faster time.

Yes, you can. but it will still take a couple tanks of premium for the computer to fully adjust to the better gas.

Quick Reply: A little insite please!