2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 RAM 1500 Owner from Houston ! Howdy !

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:53 PM
VintageGeorge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 RAM 1500 Owner from Houston ! Howdy !

Nice truck but has never been my fav. Really is a nice truck but poor mileage and rough ride led me to use this as a truck and drive the Toyota when not needed ! My wife bought her New in 96 and it still has less than 180k. But ..... 8k ago we were forced to replace the engine (318) with a Jasper crate due to a blown head gasket. It was cheaper this way, this was two years ago. Also replace the trans last year and the rear end. You wouldn't think all these systems would fail so near to each other but it is understandable as we have a (then a teenager) young hot foot !
So I said crikey , this much put back into it lets go all out ! We did a complete interior , carpet, headliner , seat, door panel re-upholstery, the whole magilicuty ! More money !!!
Now where I am and what has brought me here is the sorry Dodge dash material . I did put a new dash cap overlay and it looks decent but the bezel and the sub, inner dash was rotting away ! I have epoxied , glued and had it semi stable until the local talent broke into it via the rear slider (yes I have a viper alarm and it did trigger) and ripped out the GPS and the Sirius unit and kicked what was left of my dash to crap . Everything is now trashed.
I'm thinking about building my own dash , plasti welding in new support and trying to make it look decent . What say you guys, any similar stories ?
Thanks guys and MODS please move this if it should be somewhere else ! Thanks folks !

Old 09-06-2014, 05:42 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF! .oving to the 2nd gen Ram section,

Old 09-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board.

Get an LMC Truck catalog, you can order the new dash pieces you need from them. There not cheap, but they are available.

Quick Reply: 96 RAM 1500 Owner from Houston ! Howdy !