2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 RAM 1500 heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Morley
Afternoon all!! Similar heating problem

97 ram 1500, AC blows really cold, fan blows strong, when I switch the dial from cold to hot I hear the ‘knock’ from the door closing both ways, both pipes running to the heater core are HOT! The inlet is too hot to hold and the outlet just slightly cooler.

Motor never overheats, sits dead centre on the gauge..
when the motor is upto temp and I have the heater dial all the way hot it’s max 45°!

could this still be a heater core problem even though both pipes are hot?
Forgive me is this is wrong but I thought any problem with the heater core would cause the outlet pipe to be considerably colder than the inlet?

cheers
Could be blend door or Hester core. Could back flush the core and see if that helps.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:12 AM
JWat
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having similar problems with my 99 v10. Very little heat coming out. My engine seems to run relatively colder than most ram engines. I have only gotten the temp up to half way one time and that was pulling a load in 107° heat on bad plugs and after running like that sitting in traffic for a minute. Once I got going it cooled down again. I can’t seem to get much heat out. Air volume is good, blend door is working good, no vacuum leaks, flushed the core out, re filled the core before Re installing the hoses and nothing. Im at a loss!

Quick Reply: 97 RAM 1500 heater problems