2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cruise control not turning on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 07:36 PM
zgravity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control not turning on.

My 2000 Ram 2500 seems to have an issue not being able to turn the cruise control on. I checked what I could and found a vacuum line that was severed and repaired that but it has a rubber hose and the line is plastic. There are about 9 things that would cause it not to turn on from a blown fuse to a faulty cruise control module and I read somewhere that the PCM sends power to the unit and has to be checked out that way. I would like to repair this myself so if there is anyone who had a similar problem can you please let me know what you discoverd to fix it.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

If you don't have it already, grab the 01 service manual from here. Have a look at the wiring diagrams for the cruise, (speed control) and make sure you are actually getting power TO the switch, and you get the correct signals back from it when you push buttons.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:31 PM
zgravity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Hey You. I was going to see if I could get my hands on the shop manual but now I got it thanks to you. This should help me figure out what is wrong and will save me a lot of time and cash.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not uncommon for the switches on the steering wheel to go bad. You can get new switches from rock auto, and there not that expensive.

Quick Reply: Cruise control not turning on.