2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alignment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:01 AM
HD Rules
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment Issues

I have a 2002 D. Ram 2500 4X4 (V10, 4 door and 117k miles) that has a steering issue that I want to cure.

The steering wheel is off center and to the right. If I straighten it out, it goes to the left. If I let the steering wheel go when driving down the road, it stays canted toward the right but slowly drifts left. The tires are not worn and they aren't showing signs of too much camber/caster or toe in/out. They look nice and flat. The alignment shop tried to get the thing straight but when it comes off the rack, poof.

The steering damper is new and the tie rods are new. The ball joints are original but seem to be tight. There's no clunkiness in the steering or suspension.

I do plan on swapping the ball joints this summer just because but am a little stumped on a cure. Ideas? Track bar?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,271 Likes on 3,018 Posts

I would take a good hard look at the trackbar...... a little bit of side-to-side movement will translate to the steering wheel turning a fair bit.

Quick Reply: Alignment Issues