2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quick question before I start!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:05 AM
whitesquirrel45
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question before I start!

Starting my plenum/timing set project in about an hour. Can someone please verify that this timing set will work for me. I bought it from rock auto and just need verification to ease my mind. Cloyes C3072:P Thanks!

Last edited by whitesquirrel45; 04-12-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

It will fit, but, that's the morse style chain. You really want a double roller. Your local auto parts store probably has one on the shelf. (I used the SA Gear feller from Advance Auto, and it works just fine.)

Old 04-12-2015, 05:37 PM
whitesquirrel45
Rookie

Thanks. I knew I needed a double, but I had already ordered this one. There wasn't any time for exchange as I did TC and plenum yesterday, along with valve cover gaskets, re-routed my wires, and a couple other things.

Gasket was blown out in 3 places. 2 visible and the 3rd spot was between my hands, there wasn't even any gasket material there.

Couple of questions:
1) Is the intake really torqued to less than 20 ft/lbs? Seems light, but that's what the manual said.
2) What's the best replacement for the hard plastic vaccum line coming from the throttle body? I broke it and currently have it together by using shrink tube.
3) What's goes into the port that plugs into the intake under the brake booster vaccum? Is it just capped?
4) I now have some sort of rattle that seems to be coming from the hose that the pcv valve is plugged into. Suggestions?

All in all it was a good experience. Thanks for all of the suggestions, tips, and help from all members that have contributed to this forum.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Yes, it really isn't torqued very tight at all.

Just get some rubber vacuum line of the appropriate inside diameter, and use it as a patch. I really dislike the plastic line, and now you know exactly why.

Mine is just capped.

PCV will indeed rattle. That just means its working right.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 PM
BigGreenRam
Professional

Looks like mine did not a fun job but loved doing it's a satisfaction thing with me

Quick Reply: Quick question before I start!