2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*Help Please* I need some good ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Mr.Wolves
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Help Please* I need some good ideas

Let's just say my truck was rolled and leave it at that. Does anybody have any CHEAP ideas to make this truck street legal again since the engine and back end are close to untouched. I was thinking of cutting off the roof and making an external roll cage and like a canvas top to be half convertible half wheeler, but then I remembered I can't weld that well. Any ideas?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:15 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Go find another, very similar truck that's severely broken in ways that yours is not, and cannibalize the one in the photos above to put the second one on the road. But keep the first one on cinder blocks out in the yard as a reminder.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:27 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find trucks in the area with decent cabs for $1000-1500, swap the cab or swap your engine/trans/rear end over and call it a day.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Mr.Wolves
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I couldn't find too many broken down 2nd gen dodges on craigslist and i was looking in several areas all around.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,257 Likes on 3,004 Posts

There are some folks that import body parts from various locations around the US, not sure how popular that is in your area, but, here in the rust belt, they aren't too hard to find..... could pick up a cab (empty) for around 500 or so..

Old 04-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

First off with the new rules here in Washington you need to make sure you keep track of any and all the parts you buy for the truck as you try to repair it. You are going to have to have it inspected by the State Patrol once you have it road worthy again.
You're going to have to be patient and just keep checking Craigslist for a broken truck. Are you looking in the parts area? You can add a Wanted ad in the parts area also for a cab and see what comes up.
Last idea would be to get a port-a-power and push the cab back into shape and the learn body work.

Are you looking on Ebay too? Also go look at www.car-parts.com ? It will show all the junk yards in the area that might have a cab you could buy.

HeyYou,
We don't get stuff like that here in Washington as we don't have a lot of rust. When I was stationed in Maryland I was amazed at the prices for parts. Thing were so cheap compared to what I was use to. I have no idea what shipping costs would be to ship parts here.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know your in Washington, but you might want to check out Forest Auto Wreckers in Lewiston Idaho, they always seem to have a good selection of Dodge trucks, so they might have what you are looking for.

Quick Reply: *Help Please* I need some good ideas