2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Towers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!!

So I am new to forums and to mechanics. I have a 96 dodge ram Laramie 1500 v8 magnum. So I just recently put a new engine in my truck. Runnin the same motor as original. So I've had several instances where it has died. First I was driving and then is seemed like the fuel pump wasn't working and then it wouldn't start. At that point it was the distributor cap and rotor. The next two times it was the 30 amp engine fuse blowing. My buddy and I discovered that it was du to live wires for and o2 sensor connectin together. So we tied up the wires and replaced the fuse again. Now it made it to work it made it to work no problems. When I got off and tried to start it just turns over but doesn't start. I checked the fuse and spark and the fuel pump and everything seems good so any ideas on what's wrong? ?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome. Moving to the correct section.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

CEL on? Any codes? Have you tried stepping lightly on the gas while cranking?

Old 04-29-2015, 11:34 PM
ReadRam
All Star

Verified fuel pressure with a gauge? A bad Crank position sensor or connection could cause a no start if all else is good...but that should set a CEL.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:10 AM
Towers

Haven't checked fuel pressure since it died this last time. How would I check the crank position censor and I don't know what we not be getting connection after just running. Haven't got the code checked since it died this time last time it set of a po748 which is the pressure solenoid or transmission pressure. But when I swapped out fuses that on went away and I've had a continous read for bad o2 even though I replaced it

Old 04-30-2015, 07:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Did you reset the pcm after changing the O2 sensor?

If it still is setting a code, then chances are good you have a wiring issue, not a sensor issue.