2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Stud Replacement/install on 2001 4x4???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:43 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Did you bleed them by starting with the passenger side rear, then the driver's side rear, then passenger side front, then driver's side front, all the while making sure the brake fluid doesn't drop too low while bleeding? Also, have you checked to ensure that your rear long metal brake line (near the gas tank) isn't leaking, as they are famous for rusting out along the frame near the rear of the gas tank.

By the way, when you have a moment, please update your profile to include your truck's information (is it a 1500, 2500, etc, 2WD or 4WD, any modifications, etc.)

After reading the post, behind the tank was my first thought.
I will second the leaking line behind the gas tank, Never could understand that. the only place the line just decides to rust out or just start leaking on a lot of these dodges. never at a place that is accessible.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Well mine didn't start leaking it just burst one time i went to stop. Yes pedal went to the floor and i nearly soiled my pants. LOL Look at the frame next to the tank. If it has oil residue it's probably leaking. Fill the reservoir and drive for a few days then look if the level went down any.

Quick Reply: Wheel Stud Replacement/install on 2001 4x4???