2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leak from what looks like the radiator. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Finn96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak from what looks like the radiator. HELP

So someone told me there was a little liquid on my parking spot the other day, so I put down some cardboard to find where it was coming from. It seems to be some hoses that come from the radiator. I'm not good with mechanics so I took some pictures in hopes of someone knowing what this is. My truck is a 2001 Ram 1500 offroad edition with the 5.9 in it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 362 Likes on 340 Posts

Looks like you have two leaks, the one in front of the radiator is an external transmission cooler. The other looks like a coolant leak. Was the water pump replaced recently? Check all the hoses to make sure they are tight.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

If you find yourself having to replace the radiator and plan to keep the truck for the foreseeable future, see if you can find an all-aluminum radiator. The stock radiators have plastic tanks and aluminum cores, which tend to develop leaks over time. CSF 2969 is an all-aluminum bolt-in replacement.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Finn96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Looks like you have two leaks, the one in front of the radiator is an external transmission cooler. The other looks like a coolant leak. Was the water pump replaced recently? Check all the hoses to make sure they are tight.
It may have been when I last sent it to the shop... (Brakes redone, ball joints, wheel bearings) Although I'm having issues with the brakes and the steering

Hopefully it isn't too pricey of a fix, especially since I might have some transmission issues(Revs to about 2100 before it shifts)

Quick Reply: Leak from what looks like the radiator. HELP