2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trouble finding rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Wonder if you you are just looking at it wrong.... That is indeed a tapered roller bearing. The seal presses into the back side of the rotor.

580.00 for a pair of rotors? That's just stupid....... I think the parts man goofed..... My guess is, the rotors I linked in an earlier post are more than likely correct.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Did he give you the Chrysler part #? You can look up aftermarket ones from that.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:42 AM
Brian NY V10
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pride myself on an impeccable memory. When I removed the rotors to replace them with what Rock Auto told me was right; I saw a sealed race bearing pressed in the reverse side of the hub. Not a 2-piece like the Timken replacements I found online. Tomorrow I do not work so I will be removing the rotor to take pictures. If not for this forum, but to continue the search at my local parts stores. . .and no; the parts guy was slouching in his chair filling the room with an I give no **** attitude and would neither give me a print out of the exploded diagram he was looking at nor the Chrysler part number. He was a complete ****. . .

Quick Reply: Trouble finding rotors