2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/c evap core

Old 07-06-2015, 10:19 PM
studders
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c evap core

Hello I'm in the middle of replacing the evap core in my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L. I had the black box out and opened up and getting ready to put back together. Then this metal plate fell out and I have no clue where it came from. I don't see anything out of the ordinary as too where it would go. Could someone send a pic or try and explain where it goes so I can get my truck put back together. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Does that clip to the side of the core somewhere, to keep it from rattling, or some such?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:50 AM
studders
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Does that clip to the side of the core somewhere, to keep it from rattling, or some such?
I think it's somewhere on the outside of the box. It didn't fall off until I had it back together putting the 57 screws back in lol. It fell off when I was sliding it and flipping it over on the truck bed. I have an idea where it goes. Going to get back on it this evening when I get home

Old 07-07-2015, 02:57 PM
studders
Rookie

After watching some video and pausing it while the box was opened I think it does go inside. It must of fell off as I was putting back together and slipped out. It looks like it goes on the other side of the flap for the air control.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Hope you don't have it too far put back together.....

Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 AM
studders
Rookie

Hope you don't have it too far put back together.....
I didn't. I still had the box out. The only thing I had to do was take all the screws back out which wasn't a big deal. All put back together and the ac is cold. Could probably use another can though as it was bone dry. Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/c evap core