2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/c problems.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:05 PM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/c problems.

This is on an 01 2500, forgot to mention that at first.

I filled up my a/c on my truck, it was empty when I bought it in January. Figured I'd see how long it'd last. In about a week it was low, so I shot in some dye. The O ring at the condenser was leaking, so I replaced it. I vac'd it down and it held a vacuum just fine. Filled it up and popped off the gauges, and wouldn't you know, the high side port isn't seating right. I geuss it didn't want to be disturbed. I messed with it trying to get it to sear and it still leaks no matter what I do. It's a rubber check ball, not a schrader valve too, so I assume it isn't rebuildable? And it looks to be brazed to the line, so therefore not replaceable separately.

So what can I do? I tried an o ring on a bolt, didn't seem to work. I can't be the only one who's ever had this issue.

Last edited by marcar1993; 07-09-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Is it replaceable? Or is it soldered on to the line? Might try just pressing it in a bit with something, and see if it will blow water is making it leak out. Keep in mind, it is EXTREMELY cold coming out, and will 'burn' your skin in short order.

Quick Reply: A/c problems.