2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radiator Removal needed in order to remove radiator lower + side support bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM
spicy_puerto_rican
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Radiator Removal needed in order to remove radiator lower + side support bracket?

Long story short, I got in a minor 20 mph fender-bender a while ago that ended up damaging the lower radiator support bracket and only the left side radiator support bracket to where both parts need to be replaced. I've taken a look at the damage and it just seems as if it's a simple fix because it looks as if both parts just bolt on. I cannot determine if the bottom of the radiator is bolted/connected in some kind of way to the lower radiator support bracket? Thus, the only issue I have is whether or not the radiator needs to be drained and removed in order to remove and replace the radiator side support and lower support brackets. I have not divulged into taking anything apart, I have only looked at it and wondered what the removal/reinstall process would be. Someone please help.....

Mu truck:
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.2L, V8, 2WD

Last edited by spicy_puerto_rican; 07-26-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Might be easier with the radiator out of the way...... Take a good close look, I don't *think* there are any bolts on the bottom of the radiator, I do believe there are just the four bolts on the sides, and out it comes. I replaced mine, but, it's been a couple years.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

There are two dowels on the bottom of the radiator (bottom of the tanks) that go into rubber grommets in the mount.

The radiator comes out easy.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

It may help if you told us what truck you have?

The ac condenser mounts to the front of the rad support also. Take that into consideration. I'm sure you could rig up some kind of support to hold them in place while you replace the support.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 AM
spicy_puerto_rican
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've edited the bottom of my question & added my truck specs.

Quick Reply: Radiator Removal needed in order to remove radiator lower + side support bracket?