2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake booster hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 02:24 PM
studders
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake booster hose

Just a question I have. I was looking at my house that connects the booster to the upper manifold. On my truck it is connected to the lower port and the pvc is conncted to the top. As per the picture of my truck I was at the junkyard this morning and I seen one where the booster was connected to the top and the pvc was connected to the bottom. So now I'm a little confused. I had to replace the plenum gaskets about a year ago or so and I wonder if I put them back on wrong. But if I did put them on wrong wouldn't something start to happen and the truck run funny. Maybe it was a different size engine. I really didn't pay too much attention to that. Mine is a 1999 ram 1500 4x4 with 5.9L. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Doesn't matter, they both go to the same spot. The big empty in your intake manifold. I think they are both the same size?? They are on mine....

Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 PM
studders
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Doesn't matter, they both go to the same spot. The big empty in your intake manifold. I think they are both the same size?? They are on mine....
Thanks. That what I was thinking as well. Both same size and both are vacuum. If it mattered I think they wouldn't of made them same size.

Quick Reply: Brake booster hose