2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new here got a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:48 PM
nckfrs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here got a couple questions

hi new here at the forum on my second dodge and have a few questions about it.
its a 96 1500 RCSB laramie with insulated topper ladder rack and bed slide sitting on 31s gonna be getting 35 and 5 inch lift here in the next couple months a programmer headers and maybe a few other goodies and of course the rust removal

i have a couple issues with it the computer display on the roof displays weather fine but when you change to computer to get mpg nothing shows up just black and when i use a obd 2 adapter and a phone most apps wont pick up mpg the ones that do tell me im getting 100+mpg

the automatic door locks dont work the passenger side did once the day we bought the truck not a big deal

and the button on the rearview mirror i assume is for auto brights but it doesnt seem to work

Old 08-13-2015, 03:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Should consider regearing for the larger tires too......

As for the rest, electrical gremlins can be fun..... If you don't already have one, download the 96 service manual from here. Wiring diagrams are in section 8W.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

the button on the rearview mirror i assume is for auto brights but it doesnt seem to work
Does the green light show up on the bottom? It may be hard to notice but try it at night. Green light on it should dim bright lights. I have tinted glass on the back window so mine you can hardly tell but it does work.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:28 PM
nckfrs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gotta look into regearing never done it before so gotta get price and info.
the green light does come on will the bright icon on dash go off when they dim or is it for the mirror to change from brights behind topper and back window are tinted so lights dont bother us from the rear

i dont beleve the computer display is a electrical issue for the fact the weather reads fine and when i hook up to obd2 i get the wrong mpg or no reading

Quick Reply: new here got a couple questions