2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brakes and Rotors an Calipers ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Old Dodge 1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just a recap on the brake job I did on my truck . I'm definitely pleading temporary insanity because of the hundred hour workweek.

Hopefully, somebody might learn from my stupid mistakes that I made.

I did have the front calipers installed on the wrong side. It was causing air to be trapped in the calipers and in the brake system, not allowing me to bleed it out fully.

My master cylinder which was the original master cylinder on the truck, and was shot.

The power break booster was the original also and was not a hundred percent.

I was very methodical in the way I approach this because it was the second time that I've done this and I don't want to go through this again.

I change the calipers back to the proper location and position!!!

Before I installed the master cylinder I made sure that I bench bled the unit so there was no air in the master cylinder before putting it on the brake power booster.

The power brake booster wasn't that hard to replace just make sure everything is out of your way and it should go in relatively easy. Especially if you have a little help to get the bolts started as you hold the unit.

Just pay attention to the small stuff and shouldn't be that hard. I appreciate all of the help on this and I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Brakes and Rotors an Calipers ?