2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Couple DIY/FAQ walkthrough questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple DIY/FAQ walkthrough questions

I am about to do the rear brakes on my truck and the only link I found for that is this one but it's for a 97 https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...placement.html

My truck is a 2000, I had the drums off today and they look different then that link. Is there a walkthrough for my year truck? I have only done drum brakes once before so I want to read up on it so i'm more familiar with them.

Next question is there a front universal joint replacement walkthrough? I looked but didn't see one. Mine are clicking pretty bad and have a ton of play in them so they really need to be replaced but I have never done so before.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:49 PM
jrox44
Professional

The best thing to do is take a picture and write down on paper where every spring and piece goes before u start. And I would buy a manual for your truck. Autozone sells Haynes manuals for 25$ but it has everything in there with step by step instructions and pictures to rebuild the entire truck. They are worth their weight in gold.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Khris1994
Veteran
Default Couple DIY/FAQ walkthrough questions

That or take it apart one side and put it back together according to the other side.

Quick Reply: Couple DIY/FAQ walkthrough questions