2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Alex Andrew Orndorff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm. Okay. Well I'm gonna look into getting the tow mirrors and if it's gonna take time to get my hands on them I'll definetley try to find that TSB. Should be on AllData. I didn't know they had one for that.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:19 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

I had the same issue with the the stock mirrors. When you buy tow mirriors(they are all universal) make sure they either come with it you buy the adapter plate that helps stabilize the mirrors.
I the power control thing mounted in the door panel would interfere with on of the studs on the back side, making the top part of the door panel stick out a good 2 or 3 inches. Just get a razor blade and cut away till if fits, careful though because there is wires in there but a good bit can be removed.
Hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:41 AM
Bwally1996
Professional

I feel your pain, my 96 1500 has the same mirrors as the op's mine have gotten to the point where dropping at the bottom of my driveway there's a bump and if I it the bump just right both mirrors will shift forward then move back into place once I start back down the road. Want to put row mirrors on it but don't do a lot of towing and my friends have already told me that if I go pulling that invisible trailer they will take bats to my mirrors lol (says the ford guys with their mirrors pulled out)

Old 12-02-2015, 10:51 AM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is no big deal at all to fix. Pull the mirrors off and finagle the lower cover off. Once you get that up and out of the way, snug the 2 bolts in there that clamp the adjustment shaft in place. DO NOT CRANK ON THEM! Just make them tighter then they are. This will firm up the mirror. My dakota's have the same mirrors, and I had to do this before.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Bwally1996
Professional

I have some that, and used lock tight, there's a notch in it that's work out from the previous owner, and there's like some kind of clear sealant around the glass on the driver one that I'm wanting to get rid of

Quick Reply: Tow mirrors