2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Larger front rotor's??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 PM
96rumblebee
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Larger front rotor's??

Has anyone taken our Truck's and added larger rotor's to the front brakes? Of course this wouldnt be a simple bolt on, of course fab work would be in store. My question is IF anyone has done this, WHAT rotor's did you go with? The problem im running into is that our rotor's and wheel bearing are in a one piece design. Making it hard to find a larger rotor that will simply slip on to our Knuckles.

Got a set of 3rd gen 20"s with 295/40/20 tires that will be going on. Also am doing a custom fabbed rear disk brake swap with my front stock caliper's......I will be adding much larger calipers to the front of the truck once i am able to map out what rotor's i will be going with on the front

Old 11-27-2015, 10:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Rotors should be separate from the hub/bearing. Granted, over time, they become rather attached to each other, but, nothing a big hammer can't fix.

2wd? Right? Wonder if you could put knuckles and such from a 2000 or newer truck on there without too much trouble? I think the rotor are larger, and you also get dual piston calipers......

Quick Reply: Larger front rotor's??