2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Issue with Fog Lights/ Windsheild Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 10:35 AM
ScottoBlotto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with Fog Lights/ Windsheild Wipers

Hello,

I just bought a 98 Dodge Ram 318 Sport. Everything is running good except for the fog lights. When go to turn them on the wipers come on and do two swipes then they go off for about 2 minutes, then come back on and do two more swipes it continues till I turn them off. Did Dodge wire them to come on like that or is it a bad wiring job by the previous owner?

Old 12-23-2015, 04:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

The two shouldn't be related at all....... Grab the 98 service manual from here, have a look at the wiring diagrams the way it is supposed to be, and compare that to what you actually have.

Welcome to DF!

Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if the wiper stalk switch went south and somebody re-wired it that way. I assume that you do have fog lights though. Do they come on with the low beams, regardless of the position of the fog light switch?

Old 12-29-2015, 08:21 AM
ScottoBlotto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They only come on when the fog light switch is pressed in. It's been raining alot so I have had plenty of time to play with it. Yet I still can't figue it out. I'm a little afraid of taking the dash apart and end up breaking it since mine is completely intack

Quick Reply: Issue with Fog Lights/ Windsheild Wipers