2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Johnboy35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension

I have a 01ram 1500 sport and I gave it a little more lift than what it had. I put 3"spacers in the front and added 2" in the rear to level it out... Did all this myself and I did it to put 35's and when I did all this it pulled my Axel back towards the cab of the truck about 2" or so... not really noticeable but it is causing my tire's to rub and you can tell the tire's are not center of the fender well. Really need some input on what I need

Old 03-02-2016, 04:56 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Consider an adjustable track bar to re-center the axle. If the rearward dislocation bums you out, you'll need suspension arms.

Won't be long and you'll be looking for lots more parts that have been thrashed by those tires, too, but live like ya wanna live, man, it's a free country.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnboy35
I have a 01ram 1500 sport and I gave it a little more lift than what it had. I put 3"spacers in the front and added 2" in the rear to level it out... Did all this myself and I did it to put 35's and when I did all this it pulled my Axel back towards the cab of the truck about 2" or so... not really noticeable but it is causing my tire's to rub and you can tell the tire's are not center of the fender well. Really need some input on what I need
Not sure exactly why anyone would want to pull the axle towards the cab.....
But it sounds to Me your lift kit is the culprit.

I have seen many 4WD lifted truck drop their rear shaft out of yoke and even the drop the front shaft (disastrous results guaranteed) with suspension travel/rebound.
If you are going to do anything to put the rear where it is meant to be, I suspect a longer driveshaft may be in order.

sarcastic truth input HERE ⇘⇘
Reality check tech says---

Dropping a front shaft is a definite instant joy kill and considering a 3800+lb vehicle tend to try out for Olympic Pole Vaulting when it happens.....Certainly You can surmise just how much more than fun can and will get killed if this were to happen.

Quick Reply: Suspension