2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Mr onetwo
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?

Has anyone used these OEM Mopar repair fittings to make up quick disconnect lines for their transmission cooler? I can't find anyone to crimp these up...dealer is useless. Mopar part# 52028625AC...current part number.

Attached Thumbnails Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?-d.jpg   Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?-c.jpg   Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?-a.jpg   Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?-b.jpg  
Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,201 Likes on 2,953 Posts

Go to any store that offers custom hydraulic hoses. (tractor supply company, for instance) They should be able to do 'em up for ya.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Mr onetwo
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the case....I called 4 different hydraulic shops. Transmission hose is not the same as even R1 hydraulic hose and I can't find any crimp specs for these fittings, so no one will touch this.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:32 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,201 Likes on 2,953 Posts

Hhhmmmm...... I found
this feller this feller
..... It's for A/C though, which operates at substantially higher pressures than out fuel system.... Wonder if you could rent one from the parts store, or maybe a tool rental place?

Old 03-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Find a shop that has a manual swedge tool. I have made hydraulic hoses before and most(if not all) hydraulic shops use a hydraulic press machine to swedge them. There is a chart for each type of hose and fitting used and what die and pressure setting to set up the machine to. This is why they won't touch it because they don't know any the settings. To much pressure and you can crush the inner fluid barb. To little and the hose can burst off the fitting. See if they can match it with a parker fitting and a hose that comes close to the dimensions of yours(both inner and outer and hose thickness). Match a die that is similar also. It's a guessing game on how much pressure to use that's why i said to find a manual press. You can stop and look at the crimp to see if it's acceptable or not. You will have to adjust the pressure accordingly just don't go to much or you will ruin the fitting.

Quick Reply: Tranny Cooler Line Repair Ftgs?