2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum Check Valve Part #(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:13 AM
3badbirds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Check Valve Part #(s)?

My '96 2500 has the apparently common "wild vents" problem. My hoses looked good so I was going to replace the two check valves as a next step. I looked at the forum links associated with this problem but only noticed one part number listed - NAPA 2-939. Is the same valve used in both places - I thought they were slightly different cosmetically? Is NAPA the only one that sells them now?

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I'm sure you find them else where if you look. Not sure if the other parts stores stock them like napa does. If you search the for them(napa website) it will show you a larger one that may work better than the original. All a check valve is a diaphragm that lets the vac flow one way. The larger diaphragm should work better as i see it anyway. Unfortunately they don't all tell you what size the hose fittings are so you may need to mod it or go to the store and compare it.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:46 PM
3badbirds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can tell the generic check valve from NAPA (#2-939) would be a direct fit but costs about $18. A cheaper one like a Dorman (#47149) can be had for only $5 but have different inlet and outlet port sizes which would require some adapting.....

Quick Reply: Vacuum Check Valve Part #(s)?