2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Mounting positions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM
angrysmileyface
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Mounting positions

Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the engine with the transmission dip stick mounted and the fuel line bracket or at least a rear reference image? I got both of them mounted back there using the furthest out hole on the engine head, but Im thinking I might have them in the wrong spots. Especially the fuel line bracket since it appears to be too close to the exhaust manifold.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:13 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is where they are (were) on mine. All of them were on the bell housing as far as I can recall. Haven't had the trans for a while.

Sorry about the bad angle. Only picture i have of the back of the engine.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:54 AM
angrysmileyface
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No its a good start. I may have the fuel line too far to the left. in that corner. I believe the left corner is just a ground and the next one up is the one where the fuel pipe is supposed to go.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Better shots of where they mount. They are bolted to the bell housing on all 3 of my junkers*, not the head.

*one running truck with 408, one parts truck in yard, and other parts truck at a friend's house.

Looking up under the drivers side of my truck. Ground wire may be in the wrong spot. That was just where I could get it easy.

Auto trans from my parts truck.

Passenger side shot of trans with out labels. Clear shot of crank sensor hole and dipstick mount.

Quick Reply: Rear Mounting positions