2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re valve body reinstallation problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:15 PM
kaspbrochill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re valve body reinstallation problems

Hey guy's I just fully rebuilt my trans. w/ HD billet servo's, spring's, HD Borg. Gov. Pres. regulator, Mopar gov. Pres. sensor, and installed a transgo Diesel shift kit. Now that I reinstalled the vavle body it sits right on the HD band lever and won't budget. Does anyone have any solution or any 2 cents?!?! Any and all help would be much appreciated!!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Pics?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:23 PM
kaspbrochill

When I found the rear servo was cracked..before disassembly

Figured I'd make the B&M deep pan look a little better while at it

Vavle body removed and empty case

New HD Shift Technoiges front servo + HD piston vs the stock chewed up. Shifts' servo upgrade it literally about 5x as thick as the OE and the piston is much more HD as well.

Since Mopar discontinued the rear servo piston spring, I went to a local trans. shop and they hooked me up w/ a new spring! And good thing too bc the replacement A727 trans. spring they had was almost a half inch too short!

. Here's part of the drilling/porting of the pressure reg. valve. The kit said to drill it straight but after some research I decided to further drill the side walls w/ an extra "step" on each side to get better performance

Last edited by kaspbrochill; 08-15-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 PM
kaspbrochill

UPDATE: The shop that I had "look at it" flipped my HD front servo powerstrut around on me and I literally wasted almost a whole day trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong...then I looked at the strut; and I REMEMEBER I had it installed flipped the other way..loosen the band, flipped it out and booom, vavle body sat flush and installed easily w/ the front lever functioning. Saturday I got everything back together; she started right up...then threw a CEL. Plugged in my code reader and got P1762.....gov. pres. sensor too high or low voltage. I read that it would only start out in 3rd gear and maaaybe have reverse, so odviously I had to take it for a spin and yup...3rd gear only....unless I manually shifted into 1st but when I tried to shift into second it would shift HAF into 3rd and spin the tires. Pulled up to my driveway to reverse in and hey what do ya know, no reverse. Basically I'm an idiot and cheaper out on the gov. pres. sensor from Crown Automotive bc I got it waay cheaper than Mopar and that's the root of all my evil. Luckily, I'm tight with my local Mopar dealer and get a good discount, I had my dad stop over there today to pick up a Mopar sensor and Mopar reusable trans. pan gasket....and paid under 100 bucks! I just got home from work so I'm gonna drain/ drop the pan, remove the vavle body, remove/ reinstall the new Mopar sensor..throw everything back together and should have 1/2 of my Jeep's that are currently down, back tn!! Ridin my street bike in the pouring rain suckkkkks going to work or having to borrow my dad's Jeep got real old, real fast. I'll post pics and let you guy's know if the Mopar sensor is able to handle my HD Borg. solenoid and restore my gear's!

Quick Reply: 46re valve body reinstallation problems