2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Identifying axle gearing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Sonocativo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z-or
big lift killing aerodynamics? check.

heavy tires? check.

you can change gears all you want, but there is no bringing back that mpg...

I've learned to appreciate the cheap gas with my 3.55s and 35s. 10mpg with the 5.9.

:-)
I agree and the gas buddy app is your friend too....lol
Its amazing how heavy this truck is, need to upgrade the brakes this spring or sooner, as Ive had some close calls ( they wont lock up ) and idiots who cant drive, cut off and hit the brakes have come real close to having their rear bumper shoved up their

Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 AM
j576
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonocativo
I agree and the gas buddy app is your friend too....lol
Its amazing how heavy this truck is, need to upgrade the brakes this spring or sooner, as Ive had some close calls ( they wont lock up ) and idiots who cant drive, cut off and hit the brakes have come real close to having their rear bumper shoved up their
Yeah I'm not trying to gain mpg or anything, we usually take the wife's jeep unless we need a truck or just driving around town but I want 4x4 to work for the summer so we can do some camping trips

Anyone have 4.11 gearing for a Chrysler 9.25 and want some 3.55 gearing ? Hahaha