2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 v10 temp gauge reading low check engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 02:53 PM
barnett468
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Most parts stores should have a reader that will do some data......

ok thanks . i will check with autozone . they rent some tools . if they don't have one i will beg one of the local shops to check it . i'm guessing a dodge dealer will want $100.00 just to check it like the friggen lexus dealer did.

off to go work on it now . will keep you posted.

thanks for the help.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:41 PM
barnett468
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Most parts stores should have a reader that will do some data......

ok thanks . i will check with autozone . they rent some tools . if they don't have one i will beg one of the local shops to check it . i'm guessing a dodge dealer will want $100.00 just to check it like the friggen lexus dealer did.

off to go work on it now . will keep you posted.

thanks for the help.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:47 PM
barnett468
Rookie

ok, I fixed the pos . It was a poor conection on the sender plug . It worked for 20 minutes in the driveway after reconnecting it this morning . I took it for a drive and when it hit the first bump ot stopped working . I disassembled the plug and removed the plugs outer housing . I then reconnected it and it works . Drove it over several bumps and it still works . This plug is a pos . If you have a similar cold running prob with a check engine light I would do exactly what I did BEFORE doing anything else.

Now for a 50 mile test drive.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:00 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by barnett468
ok, I fixed the pos . It was a poor conection on the sender plug . It worked for 20 minutes in the driveway after reconnecting it this morning . I took it for a drive and when it hit the first bump ot stopped working . I disassembled the plug and removed the plugs outer housing . I then reconnected it and it works . Drove it over several bumps and it still works . This plug is a pos . If you have a similar cold running prob with a check engine light I would do exactly what I did BEFORE doing anything else.

Now for a 50 mile test drive.
I was wondering about the condition of these plugs too. I don't know if yours was the same way, but mine had a lot of side to side play when it was connected. Didn't seem like most secure connection and even though the thing was fun to remove. Thinking of getting a new one with some fresh connectors in it.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:24 AM
barnett468
Rookie

got it fixed . had a weak connection with the plug on the sender.