2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TV Cable snapped 96 1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Chris Turk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV Cable snapped 96 1500

So years ago my throttle cable came apart from the gas pedal out in the middle of no where and I did a quick fix by using a small vice grip I had in my toolbox. 5 years later on the way back from the bar the cable snapped just as I was trying to park my truck.
I stopped at several parts stores across the state and no one carried the cable or had any suggestions on what to do so I'm reaching out here.
Would it be possible to run to ACE, buy some cable and some crimps, and run said cable through the hose to the throttle valve? I know I'm going to have to cut apart the old cable to do this, I'm just worried about not getting the new cable through the hose.
Or is there a better way?
TIA

Pics or it didn't happen...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

I seriously doubt you will be able to stuff the cable thru the hose. Any bike shops around? Something like brake cable already in the hose would be the hot ticket. You could make it work until you can get the right part.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Get some wire rope the diameter as the original and some clamps to use as a stop(round lead ball on the original). Not sure if the the local home depot carries cable that small. ???