2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spongey pedal, no it's not air,

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 PM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

assuming the valve was slammed to one side, how do you fix that? new valve or?

i just want to know, this is a new one to me.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:27 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by brian102
assuming the valve was slammed to one side, how do you fix that? new valve or?

i just want to know, this is a new one to me.

It's a mother to get an old one re-centered. If it's tripped just get a new one.

I edited my prior post while you were typing BTW (:

Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not guaranteed to work but try this...

On the RWAL (Rear Wheel Anti Lock) module which sits 3" closer to the firewall than the proportioning valve, there is a rubber cap pointed horizontally right towards the master cylinder. Poke a paperclip thru the rubber cap about 1-1/2" until it touches the back of the RWAL accumulator piston. With key off, have a friend press and hold pressure on the brake pedal. If the piston moves, the service manual says to replace the RWAL. Mine moved, so the RWAL is supposedly bad. The only way for brake fluid to move the piston in the accumulator is for the anti-lock solenoid to be energized with battery voltage via the green wire on the "A" terminal of the connector... (OR if the solenoid valve is blocked open??, I thought.)

Or this...

If you end up with the proportioning valve shutting off the circuit you are working on, close all bleeders on that circuit, go to the OTHER end of the truck, have helper pump up the brakes, and HOLD it, then release one of the bleeders. This will get the p-valve to release again. Go back to what you were doing previously.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:27 AM
Turbo67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same issue! Did you get it fixed???