2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new guy, new purchase, need some answers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 09:05 PM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 60 toyota
the speedometer worked for the most part before we replaced the sensor, now it doesn't do anything at all haha. I believe I have 4WAL because there's speed sensors for both front wheels...is that correct? I read like 13 pages of this beast from the durango forum
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...t-help-18.html and am curious if the 2500 also has a speed sensor at the tranny. fround a plug that could be, but it looked pretty different from the one on the diff so I'm not sure.
Thank you for your help guys
there's one short. you disturbed it replacing that sensor.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:07 PM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 60 toyota
well i got a multimeter and started testing all the sensors i knew, i think we're coming to the end of this:
Rear diff: Old, open. New, ~2000 ohms. So no money wasted there.
Front right: Open
front left: ~1000 ohms.
According to the link above, the 1000 and 2000 ohm readings are in spec and consistent with readings other folks have been getting with their durangos of similar years, i think it's safe to assume that the rams would be no different. We're in the process of tearing the hub down to the sensor and buying a new one. I read these ones can get pretty pricey, does anybody have a recommendation for where to buy one for a reasonable price?
rockauto.com