2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil pressure problems and other stuff.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 AM
tray_warren
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure problems and other stuff.

So I wanted to put a few small issues into one post just for some imput on them. I recently had a problem of death wobble and steering issues but got rid of them. All new tie rods and steering stabilzer and a good front end alignment. With that stuff done I can now work and the little things. My oil guage tends to fall to zero when I come to a stop at a light or some other point. The dinger under the dash will go off then it will just shoot back up to above half way (normal) and will not do it again for a few days. Im thinking a sensor with that but have no clue where to start.

The other thing Im looking at is some upgrades to the front sway bar. Mine is all stock and even with my leveling kit and such has not been messed with. I have read some posts of running without one and it makes the ride a little better or going with a softer one. I would like to have a little better ride if I could. This is not a real issue just something on my mind for new upgrades to come. Thanks for any imput.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Replace the oil pressure sensor. Should solve that one.

Disconnecting the sway bar won't make it ride any better. It's a solid axle truck, it is going to ride like a buckboard no matter what you do.

welcome to DF!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
tray_warren

That's what I was thinking on the oil pressure. Where is it on the block because I've never messed with one on a Dodge before. I've really never done a lot motor wise to this truck because it running so good when I got it till now.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Sensor is cleverly concealed BEHIND the intake manifold, just to the passenger side of the distributor. It's fun to get to.......

Old 04-24-2017, 10:11 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

If your truck has the EGR then you have to unbolt that and move it our of the way to get your special socket over the oil pressure sender. It's best to remove your airboc and TB, as well as the coil Wire and a few passenger side cylinder wires If they are in the way.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:52 AM
BlackSheep01
Red face and because TSB ... label those

wires before you take 'em loose. (ask me how I know).

Originally Posted by CJSuhr
If your truck has the EGR then you have to unbolt that and move it our of the way to get your special socket over the oil pressure sender. It's best to remove your airboc and TB, as well as the coil Wire and a few passenger side cylinder wires If they are in the way.

Search this Thread