2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 ram clutch assembly

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 10:43 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

HeyYou, they are a preformed plastic line. I don't think I've ever seen a metal line for a clutch in the 2nd gens.

OP, There is no way to bleed the system after it's been opened. That is (I think anyways) why they don't sell just the line. I have bought them before for different vehicles, but with out a bleeder valve I never could get them to work again. Just my pennys' worth.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:28 AM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THE cheapest assembly now rock auto is 85 bucks, and that's a LUK assembly, which is a good brand.

If you were to be able to fix the line, YOU CAN BLEED THE SYSTEM. Reference this video for how to bleed:

Old 05-25-2017, 11:09 AM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSuhr
THE cheapest assembly now rock auto is 85 bucks, and that's a LUK assembly, which is a good brand.

If you were to be able to fix the line, YOU CAN BLEED THE SYSTEM. Reference this video for how to bleed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxpUYiBHKQ
Great video, thanks for sharing it.

As a side note, that has never worked for me, but it was probably operator error. They were always spongy afterwards although tight by hand as he showed towards the end.