2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mounting satellite radio receivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default mounting satellite radio receivers

We've decided to get XM or Sirius radios for our vehicles and home. We plan to just use the portable vehicle receivers that broadcast to your current radio. Anyone have pics of good/creative ways to mount the receivers in your vehicle.

Thanks.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
mwilk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mounting satellite radio receivers

Silver,
I have a Sirius receiver in my 2001 Ram. I bought a mounting bracket made especially for my truck from Crutchfield. Go to www.crutchfield.com and plug in the specs for your truck. The web site will tell you if there is a bracket for your truck. The one I bought cost about $45.00.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, thanks, I found this one there for $35. It is the only vehicle specific one they have. Is this what you have, and if so, how do you like it?

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/11EA4E4D6AEB4352A3B50A5EACF6E021.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2005, 05:19 PM
mwilk

If it's not the same one,it's close. I love it. My receiver is right at my knee. Easy to reach if I want to change channels. It's easy to install also. Crutchfield is a great company to do business with.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:42 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

Yes I agree crutchfield rocks. I have used them for years and they are wonderful. Just got a Alpine raido that interfaces with the ipod from them and I got awesome instructions and a free bracket and a wiring harness. Sure beats going to best buy and getting a radio with nothing but a bunch of wires sticking out. Thats a good spot for your radio mount. I have been having a hell of a time trying to figure out where to mount stuff in my ram. I dont want it to flop around when I go off road so most of my stuff is mounted low towards the floor. I still need a good spot for my cobra 148gtl cb. Its huge but I like it. My ipod I put in my cup holder and it seems to live nicely in there. The GPS stick very nice on the upper left of the windshield. I too want a SAT radio that I can bring in the house after I get done driving. They dont offer it here though. Anyhow thanks for the idea on where to mount it.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 AM
CopperDesigno
Professional

I use this mount in my SLK to hold my Garmin IQ3600. Its great, no drilling or tapes involved.
http://www.proclipusa.com

Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 PM
omegax

I mounted my Delphi skfi xm radio to the ash tray in my 1996 dodge ram 1500. I don't smoke and it was convenient, drill 2 holes screw it in and i was done. I also have a place to hide my wires (the ash tray). I saw the mount on crutchfield but it mounts in the top right corner of the dash (above the power outlet) it would have been nice for a passenger but i wouldn't have been able to reach the mount while driving.

Quick Reply: mounting satellite radio receivers