2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
ripto
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series

They sure seem a lot louder than the stock according to the sound clips on their website. I'm starting to think flowmaster isn't what im looking for. I want someting with some roar, something loud inside and outside.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Don't get me wrong, they are louder you just don't notice it if I had some way to let you hear mine I would show you. I cant remember who has a sound clip of their flowmaster. I will PM you when I find it.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:36 AM
vondoom

I can probably get you a clip of a flowmaster tomorrow, i think my neighbor has a flowmaster on his ram...I could post a sound clip of my magnaflow to....

Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 AM
ripto
Captain

ok cool I hope you can get those sound clips they would help a lot

Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this link http://media.putfile.com/Timothy_trucksounds43 . This is a clip of a 40 series delta flow.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:40 AM
kyleitzen

i just had Mineke of Victoria, Texas install a Flowmaster Super 40 Series 3" in 2- 2 1/2" out dumped.. I love the sound, it has nice resonance inside and out.. They did an awesome job, all welded and perfectly bent down pipes. I paid 240 installed, the same muffler with dual out sells for 350 plus tips.. i recomend them if your not experienced, or just dont have the time..

Old 11-22-2005, 03:19 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the Flowmaster sound over the Magnaflow's but it really is a personal preference so get whichever one you like better. My Flowmaster although I'm not sure what series is pretty darn loud outside the cab but not at all loud inside. You can hear it if you have the music off with the music turned on you really have to listen to hear it at all unless the windows are down then you still can barely hear it. It also can't be heard much once you get going over my tires unless I get on the gas hard. My tires are BFG MT's so it's not like I have boggers or anything. I like the sound a lot but wouldn't mind it being slightly louder inside the cab but at times I would like it quieter so I think it's about perfect now.

As for gas milage I wouldn't count on the milage increase although it may slightly help. I get about 10mpg around town although it may be slightly better as I recently learned my speedo is slightly off from the tires. I would hate to see what I got if I didn't have the Flowmaster if that is with the exhaust helping the milage.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

Im tossing in my little video of the tone of the flowmaster 40. Most of you guys have seen it but if you havent turn up the bass on your computer speakers. Its been about 8 months with the muffler and I still love it. The best tone is around 1800-2000 rpm. Only disadvantage is my german neighbor now hates me when I warm up my truck in the winter. The tone of it tears right through his house and wakes him up everyday. I get tons of people asking me whats under the hood. In europe most people have 1.9l engines that make these sewing machine sounds. I get too much attention sometimes but when I slam on the gas with the K&N cold air intake and the flow master it sounds awesome. Even at age 34 the sound of a engine under load with a good exhaust system gets my blood running.

http://www.ronbarthelt.com/Flowmaster_40.wmv

Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

zeekxxx's clip is the one I was looking for.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 PM
ripto
Captain

Nice clip, that sound is awesome. I've seen some flowmaster delta flow 40 series on sale on ebay, what do you guys think about that? The guy has great feedback and owns a muffler shop. My friends installed dual exhaust on one of my other friend's f-150 the other day and its working great, so I wouldn't have to have it professionally installed to save me a few bucks.

Here is some of what the auction says: This is a Universal Dual exhaust kit with a Flowmaster delta flow Muffler. The kit will have (2) 2 1/4 " mandrel pipes (1) flowmaster Deltaflow muffler (2) 3"x16"Stainless slash cut tips and all hangers,clamps, nuts and bolt you need, I will also include a 22" ext pipe in case you need for a long wheel base truck for install.

I e-mailed the seller and he said it is the flowmaster delta flow 40 series. Starting price is $160, what do you guys think? I mean I really can't afford anything extravagent now, as im only 17 and still in school.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series