2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 AM
ripto
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series

Also, is there a difference in sound with a dual rear exit system as opposed to a single rear exit system? Zeekxxx, correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a single side exit exhaust system right? Your clip sounds really good, but does having two exits necessarily mean it will be louder?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the system from the guy in N.C.? That is the one I got and it worked great. It came with everything he said and it fit up nice. I think the whole install only took an hour or so. Very nice kit and can't beat the price.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
bamory
Captain

ORIGINAL: vondoom

it should bring you to around 15 mpg...Its a quite a bit louder on the inside and out...Not obnoxious though, its got a sweet hum....i was getting 9-11 MPG, i got my magnaflow put on, now im at 15..Not sure how it will work on yours though...I have a 3" single pipe, 98 ram 4x4 5.9.....
What-else did you do at that time, an exhaust won't net that much increase in MPG?????

Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM
ripto
Captain

ORIGINAL: Off_Road_Teacher

Is that the system from the guy in N.C.? That is the one I got and it worked great. It came with everything he said and it fit up nice. I think the whole install only took an hour or so. Very nice kit and can't beat the price.
Yep thats the guy, the price seems really great and his feedback has convinced me there will be no problems. Did you have yours professionally installed or did you do it yourself? If professionally, how much did it cost you?

Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I did it myself. It was pretty easy to do too. All of the parts that I needed came in the kit and the bends in the pipes fit the truck nice. I was kind of worried that buying a kit off ebay wouldend up with problems getting the pipes to fit, but they fit really well. It came with all of the clamps that I needed to install it but I decided to weld it just to be safe. Plus, since the tips have to be welded, I figured I might as well do the whole system.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: ripto

Also, is there a difference in sound with a dual rear exit system as opposed to a single rear exit system? Zeekxxx, correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a single side exit exhaust system right? Your clip sounds really good, but does having two exits necessarily mean it will be louder?

Would assume so. The side that my exhaust sounds like is like a megaphone. Whichever side it points at is the loudest. It is a single side exit not dual. Pretty much the stock system with the muffler cut out.. check out these pictures on this link

http://www.ronbarthelt.com/Ram4.html

Old 11-26-2005, 02:22 PM
ripto
Captain

Is it necessary to remove the spare tire when installing dual exhaust or will there be enough room?

Old 01-26-2006, 07:15 PM
ripto
Captain

Well guys I finally had it installed and it took me long enough to make the post. I had it done on Christmas eve at the local meineke shop, took a little over an hour to install. I couldn't believe how awesome it sounded when I first started the truck up. I love how it sounds on the inside too, I want someone to drive my truck down the road in front of me just so I can actually hear it lol, it's hard to hear how it sounds when your driving it, although you can hear some on the inside. I wish it was a bit louder tho, I was thinking maybe I should have gone with the regular 40 instead of the delta flow 40 but I hear its a bit much from the inside. Oh well, I'm happy with it and my friends love it (mom hates it but that makes it all the better ).

Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Have a girlfriend/wife stand outside and make a video of you driving by. That is what I did. She hated standing out in the cold recording it, but she got over it.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series