2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:50 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts
Default Wiring help!

I need the wiring guro's help. I installed 4th gen tow mirrors on my 01 with power fold out, power fold up, and it has the led running light/turn signal. Now my dilemma is how can I run this two wire led to be park lights and turn signals. I tried tapping into the park light wire and turn signal wire but the park wire backfeed into the turn signal causing it to light the turn signal. Also how would I interrupt the park lamp to flash when the turn signal is activated?

Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Check your Chilton's or service manual for a diagram of parking lights. There should be two wires coming from the MF switch and one flashes, another steady park lights. IIRC when I installed the Recon Bigrig lights there were two wires: one for each. But I just wired up the park lights as I didn't want them to flash. When I did my cab lights, the park wire was black and yellow. But years are all different. Check out some diesel forums as I bet there's great writeups for this kind of mod on your truck.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:54 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Check your Chilton's or service manual for a diagram of parking lights. There should be two wires coming from the MF switch and one flashes, another steady park lights. IIRC when I installed the Recon Bigrig lights there were two wires: one for each. But I just wired up the park lights as I didn't want them to flash. When I did my cab lights, the park wire was black and yellow. But years are all different. Check out some diesel forums as I bet there's great writeups for this kind of mod on your truck.
thanks I'll check it out but it only has a ground and positive. I think in the 4th gens it must have been a module.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Use a relay That is normally closed, and have the turn signal circuit interrupt it?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:54 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Use a relay That is normally closed, and have the turn signal circuit interrupt it?
See I know I need a diode to stop the backfeed. I just can't figure out how to get this to work. It would have to be a DCST relay it whatever it's called where it has two contacts