2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No brakes. Pedal went straight to the floor. Changed the master cylinder which

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 01:43 PM
MSTEELE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No brakes. Pedal went straight to the floor. Changed the master cylinder which

Topped off brake fluid a few dqys ago. Driving down the hwy I tried to brake but tne pedal went straight to the floor. No leaks at the brake lines, I changed the master cylinder and began the two man bleeding process. I hear air coming from somewhere, I wasn't ab,e to get any pressure while bleeding. The pedal almost wanted to stick when engaged instead of spring back li,e it should. Any ideas of what this issue is. Any tips on troubleshooting this problem. Thank you

Old 09-02-2017, 02:37 PM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the booster is bad... as for going to the floor, but no leaks, i would guess the something is physically broken in the booster. does the rod attached to the pedal slop around? i usually just change both if one fails after 100k, the other follows soon after in my experience.

Last edited by brian102; 09-02-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: No brakes. Pedal went straight to the floor. Changed the master cylinder which