2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 Dodge Ram 5.2L V8

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 02:03 AM
LordYama
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Ram 5.2L V8

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L V8 with 164,000 miles on it.

My problem occurred Friday night.

Thursday night I filled up my tank with gas, drove it home with no problem & Friday afternoon I started er up and started to drive and I kept stalling and the truck was jerking (Automatic) on lower RPM's.

I checked my TPS to see if that was faulty since I had no check engine light on I unplugged it just to see if it would throw a check engine light which it did so I'm waiving out that issue for now.

However when I got my tank back to half a tank it started to run fine. Could it have been rain water that could've gotten into my tank while fueling up?

Because I searched other symptoms and they all lean towards TPS, Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter/Pump etc. But I have literally had no problem with losing power while coasting to a stop light. The truck starts right back up when it stalled.

So what do you guys think the problem could be? I haven't driven my truck at all Today/Tonight because it was raining and I didn't have to go anywhere so I'm unsure if the problem will occur again once I drive it again.

Edit

Just drove it to Walmart a few minutes ago, it started to stall again I accidentally put it into gear 2 and it stopped stalling all together. I shifted back into Drive and the problem was gone again?

Last edited by LordYama; 09-03-2017 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Intermittent failures are always such fun......

Might try cleaning the throttle body first. Also, where did you get gas? Been there before?

Old 09-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

I would throw a can or 2 of Heat into your gas tank just to make sure it isn't a water issue.