2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 2500 Manual Trans upshift issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 PM
jeannssmarie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 2500 Manual Trans upshift issues.

Hey guys,
needing some knowledge and advise on some issues that have started to come up. I own a 01 2500 with a manual trans, 3.55 gears. Truck has shifted beautifully since i've owned it (its in damn near immaculate shape under and outside of the hood) Recently I have come across some trouble with my 3rd and 4th gear specifically(sometimes 5th) Really grinding into gear before actually going in, my clutch feels slightly different than usual (not so much to give me reason that its going out), i've been double clutchin a lot to avoid the grinding.. anyways who here is familiar with this specific tranny's and has had some experience with this? I have been trying to read up on it here, would it possibly be the Governor Sensor?

Thank You, from a gal who has a lot of learning to do, lol.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:37 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by jeannssmarie
Hey guys,
needing some knowledge and advise on some issues that have started to come up. I own a 01 2500 with a manual trans, 3.55 gears. Truck has shifted beautifully since i've owned it (its in damn near immaculate shape under and outside of the hood) Recently I have come across some trouble with my 3rd and 4th gear specifically(sometimes 5th) Really grinding into gear before actually going in, my clutch feels slightly different than usual (not so much to give me reason that its going out), i've been double clutchin a lot to avoid the grinding.. anyways who here is familiar with this specific tranny's and has had some experience with this? I have been trying to read up on it here, would it possibly be the Governor Sensor?

Thank You, from a gal who has a lot of learning to do, lol.
Manual tranny doesn't have electronics in it. Likely the syncro are bad. The manuals aren't build like they used to be.